There are 5 vital parts to your information marketing business, regardless of the income level to which you aspire, and the skill you teach your clients, members, buyers, and subscribers.
1) The thing that you teach that changes lives, that solves problems, or relieves challenges.
2) Traffic – A way to get people who have the problems you solve or the challenges you relieve, to your website and ultimately to become a subscriber so that you can communicate with them, discover how you can help, build trust, and ultimately sell to them your solution.
3) A List – A way, or ways, to get them to join your list as a subscriber i.e. a way to ‘put their hand up’ to show that they are interested in what you have to offer. Usually, this is a squeeze page that gives them something of value in exchange for their contact details.
4) Email Marketing – Daily communication with your subscribers such that it builds trust through teaching (to show that you are a trusted expert).
5) Products or Services – The delivery agent and medium of the information or skills that you sell. The delivery agent could be products, coaching, or memberships, and the medium can be print (ebooks, manuals, etc), audio (mp3s), or video (mp4s or movs)
To summarise, you have a solution to a problem that people online, who have that problem, are already searching for – a solution at some place online, be it a blog, a forum, a search engine, social media, and you invite people there to come to your site, they join your list, you send them a daily email to build trust, then offer them access (for a price) to your training, join your membership, or enroll in coaching.
These are the 5 vital parts to an online information marketing business.