In this article I want to discuss the power of infographics because they do say that a picture paints a thousand words.
I am in the business of info marketing and I can use text, audio, video and... GRAPHICS to convey my message. These are the primary mediums that convey information online. Of course, there are other mediums like mind maps, powerpoint slides etc but these are the main media used.
In recent years, infographics have become increasingly popular because, when done well, they convey easy-to-consume information quickly and efficiently.
As kids most of us loved comics - the combination of pictures and text is an enjoyable way to consume information and infographics cater to exactly the same tastes.
The reason that infographics are not widely used is that they take time to create and they are not quite as easy to create as the other forms of media.
Here are some examples of infographics - feel free to download them and use them on your own website or social media by right clicking and 'save as':
10 Highly Successful Business Owners
20 Powerful Words That Sell Well
5 Reasons Why Start Ups Fail
5 Traits All Successful Businesswomen Have
5 Ways To Hack Your Business Growth
5 Ways To Reward Your Loyal Customers
6 Differences Between Social And Traditional CRM
Back-end Ideas For Your Business
How Poor Customer Service Can Affect Your Business
How To Be A Likeable Person To Work With
How To Convert Prospects Into Customers
What Do Colors Say About Your Business
Why Your Business Should Go Mobile
Achieve A Paperless Business Operation
Where And How To Use Infographics
- Facebook - build your FB page 'likes' by getting your photos shared! And go viral every time a user shares your photo with his circle of friends, in his group, or on his page. (TIP: add descriptions like "If you like this, SHARE this" and "SHARE if you agree" to increase your sharing rate by 300%!)
- Twitter - Infographics shared on Twitter get 832% more ReTweets than any other types of images and even links to articles? [Source: MediaBistro]
- Your blog post - use as instant content, no need to write a word!
- Use on your sales copy to educate your prospects and increase sales conversions!
- Use as instant bonus material to your information products!
- Print these infographics and publish as poster or for your DVDs , home study course, book, etc.
Using Infographics In Your Business
If infographics are a picture that paints a thousand words, think about what information or systems could more easily be conveyed via infographics in your business and use them strategically to engage prospects and customers and to drive traffic to your website.