Here are 3 excellent SEO tips that you may wish to adopt for your websites in order to generate more search engine traffic.
1 Keyword Research & Site Structure
Prior to setting up your website do some keyword research using the Google Keyword Planner to ensure that the keywords that you are optimising for have a reasonable amount of searches.
I prefer to use a silo structure for keywords i.e.
– choose a primary keyword and 4 secondary keywords for each website and each web page on the site
– these are chosen using the Google Keyword Planner to ensure relevance i.e. input your primary keyword and choose your secondary keywords from the relevant keyword ideas listed
– the website landing page is optimised for the primary keyword of the website and then create articles for the 4 secondary keywords i.e. they become the primary keyword for the article with another 4 secondary keywords chosen using the Google Keyword Planner
– this creates a pyramid structure of relevant articles all linking back to the primary keyword at the top of the pyramid.
– hypertext link between the articles
– ideally you also need to add your site to Google Webmaster Tools and add an XML Site Map.
– ideally your chosen domain name should include the primary keyword for the website
If you are looking for website ideas Digital Trends is a great way for coming up with ideas for trending topics that you can rank for.
2 Install the ‘WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin
Install the above plugin into your WordPress site and configure this plugin as per this article: https://yoast.com/articles/wordpress-seo/
3 Install the Transposh translation plugin
Install the free Transposh plugin (https://wordpress.org/plugins/transposh-translation-filter-for-wordpress/) and configure as follows (- you will need to tick the upgrade box on the xyz settings page and then update the plugin to enable you to select all languages -):
Now let’s summarise what we have achieved.
We have chosen keywords that get a respectable amount of traffic (because it is pointless ranking for keywords that don’t get much traffic.)
We have structured our content so that it is relevant to the primary keyword and, if we then create high value articles, we should get lots of relevant keyword rankings. (If you would like a tool and training to help you with your keyword structure and creating silo websites then Peter Garety’s P1 Traffic Machine is an excellent tool for this purpose.)
We have added the WordPress SEO by Yoast plugin and followed the instructions so that our site content is correctly configured for the search engines.
We have added the Transposh translation plugin so that our website appeals to searches from almost any source on the planet – Google will like this!
These 3 excellent SEO tips will put you a long way ahead of your competition.
Here are some more SEO Resources to help you: